Monday, March 23, 2009

Week 6

Six weeks already! This is what Jujube is starting to look like:



Sorry if these pictures freak anyone out, but I think they're so amazing! My sources say things like "baby is now the size of a lentil bean," or about 2-4mm. SO tiny, but SO much going on. This is what http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/ says:
From week 6 to week 10 of your pregnancy, you will be in the embryonic period. This is a very important time of development for your baby and the embryo is most susceptible to experience developmental interferences at this time. Although the embryo is still very small, it is growing and developing rapidly. Your baby's early brain chambers are forming and the eyes are also beginning to form. Buds will appear and will develop into arms and legs in later weeks.

Facial features are visible, including a mouth and tongue. The eyes have a retina and lens. The digestive system starts forming, beginning with the first cells of the stomach and the intestine. There are small indentations in the head, ready for the development of facial features, eyes, and ears. The outline of the jaw starts to form.

I can't believe how quickly it all happens & that the little speck we saw on the ultrasound last week has already grown and developed so much. We should be able to see the heartbeat at our next ultrasound on Friday. So exciting!

I had to laugh at what 3D pregnancy said because it is so true for me right now!

Wondering what's up with your body, your baby and your life this week? Read on ...

What You're Thinking: "If I put my head in my hands and stare down at my desk, it'll look like I'm working really hard and nobody will know I'm actually sleeping."

This is totally me! I start to crash at work around 2pm. I really have wondered, "How can I sleep and make it look like I'm just deep in thought?" Ha!

Your Body: You may be feeling super-tired or nauseous (or super-tired and nauseous—lucky you!) and your boobs are most likely killing you. This is due to the myriad of hormones raging through your body at levels rivaling a teenage boy's. If you can't stay awake for the second half of Grey's Anatomy, blame it on the baby. Extreme exhaustion is often one of the first signs of pregnancy, and while your body will probably regain some of its strength by the time you enter your second trimester, you might find yourself nodding off during Dr. McDreamy's love scenes ... or worse, yours! Constant exhaustion can really wear you down, so make sure to rest up. That means skipping Letterman.

I've been feeling really tired, but not so much nauseated. It's early though, so I don't yet feel in the clear! Although, I think maybe my poor friend Heather (who is 4 weeks ahead of me with her pregnancy) has taken on all the nausea I might have felt. She's been extremely sick. :o( So I will not complain about my sore boobs & being ready for bed before my prime time shows are over! It's all for the best cause. :o)

I'm really looking forward to other people getting their eggs in the mail SOON (I hope by tomorrow!) and having our second ultrasound on Friday. Things are going amazingly well so far and I couldn't be more thankful.

1 comment:

  1. PRAISE GOD! That's just how I feel when I reflect on you and your situation :) God is good ... Oh, and just so you know, seeing the developmental pics doesn't freak me out - I find them fascinating! :) Thanks for sharing everything, Jamers ... the pics, your thoughts and feelings, and your story - It is inspiring! I love you

    ReplyDelete