Thursday, March 12, 2009

My whine about wine

P and I have become big ol' winos in the past couple of years. Really big. So, now that I'm pregnant, I will miss my wine. Oh, how I will miss my wine! I've swirled and sniffed a couple things P has opened recently, but no sipping for me and my pregnant self.

I know there are some semi-decent non-alcoholic wines, but still. Not the same. This weekend we have a pick-up party for a wine club shipment. It will be our first time in wine country since the BFP. I guess I'm the all-time designated driver now?! I will gladly oblige, I am happy to be in this condition, but it's still ever-so-slightly disheartening to be missing out on all the yumminess. Or is it?!


I *think* we may have found an alternative to the non-alcoholic wines. Bottles like this greeted us as we walked into Safeway the other night:


First Blush juices made from wine grapes! Sweeeeet! Of course we had to buy a couple of them! Check all the juices out here: http://www.firstblushjuice.com/

I tried some of the Syrah one last night. P brought it to me in a wine glass and everything! I swirled, sniffed, AND sipped! Yum! Not quite the same as the stuff with some alcohol content, but this no drinking thing is for the best cause I can think of, so I'll survive. Plus, this fancy grape juice is a good alternative and has tons of antioxidants and no added sugar, so I felt pretty good about it. Now I'll have to keep my eye out for the other varities. These little bottles could be my new friends...


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh... I've never seen these. Don't even bother trying the Ariel... it sucks. For a little of the bubbly... Bev Mo sells FRE Champagne... its actually very good!

    ReplyDelete