Sunday, March 22, 2009

How we're telling...

So... until last night, we had not yet told our parents about my pregnancy. My parents & brother were finally all in the same place again, so we decided to start spilling the beans this weekend! Of course I had to turn this whole announcement thing into a scrapbook project of sorts, so this is what I came up with:

Then I thought, "Um... I need to put Jujubes in there instead of chocolate eggs. Duh!" (Yes, I actually said, "Duh!") So I made the switch:


Big Brother Bailey wanted to get in on the action (or eat Easter grass. Don't worry, I did not let him eat Easter grass and I quickly put it out of his reach. I do not want to make any trips to the vet for Easter grass removal!).

I made enough eggs to distribute to close family who don't already know, which once I got going, I realized was still a lot of people! I put eggs in the mail to P's parents in SoCal, his aunt in Chicago, and my grandparents in Lodi. We made plans to have dinner at my parents' house to deliver their egg. I plan to drop one off at my other grandparents' house and my aunt's house tomorrow because they're nearby enough to do so. I'm so excited for more people to know!

As for how my parents and brother took the news, I gave my mom a little gift bag with the egg & nest inside and told her it was a little something I'd made for Easter. I think she was suspicious, though. She opened it, read it, and said, "I hoped this was why you wanted dinner over here!" My brother read it and was excited. He'll be an awesome uncle! He took the little card to my dad who said, "You stole an egg from your neighborhood turkeys?!" (we have wild turkeys around here). Then he said, "How mean... you're calling it a turkey? Your kid will have a complex!" Hardy har har, Dad! He always expresses excitement with sarcasm and silly jokes (kinda like ME... no question from which parent I inherited that trait!). They were all happy to realize they have an all-time designated driver when we're wine tasting! While it was fun to have the secret for a little while, it felt good to tell them. Now to wait for others to get their eggs... Good times!




3 comments:

  1. What a cute way to tell!! I bet it was SO fun it was to share the news with everyone finally! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is your idea adorable, but the pics are amazing! Nice job :) Haha ... I'm so excited that you FINALLY got to tell your fam

    ReplyDelete